On Apr 13, 2011, at 1:56 AM, Robert Covington wrote:
> Nothing I've tried shows just a logical and intuitive function profile with times like what you show in your email?
> Tried Shark and Sampler. I need a settings and step by step.
I’m doing this with Shark from OS X 10.6.7, so I don’t know how Shark looks on your machine.
(1) Start FB but don’t open anything.
(2) Start Shark
(3) under "config" select WTF mode and select the "Time Profile (WTF)". Also choose "start delay" of 1 s. This helps avoid sampling of Shark itself. YMMV.
(4) One of the Shark popups says "Everything" or "Process" - pick process
(5) Another popup has a list of the active processes - pick FB
(6) Click the "Start" button to start sampling then immediately switch to FB and open the project.
(7) When the project opens click the "Stop" button.
Shark takes the sample data and builds a matrix of it in the window. You will need to look at the Matrix and find those labeled "FutureBasic 5" The attached screen print shows what I’m seeing when opening the source code for FB.