Recipe: Jb's Red Pepper Soup
Yield: 4 Servings
3 tb Butter or margarine
4 md Red bell peppers -- seed,
Cut in strips
1 1/2 c Chicken stock
1/8 ts Cayenne pepper -- to taste
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add peppers.
- Cover; cook peppers over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Pour peppers and liquid into a food processor or blender (if you use
a blender, you may have to process in 2 batches). Process 2 minutes.
- Return soup to pan and add chicken stock. Season to taste with salt
and cayenne pepper; heat until hot.
- Serve soup with a dollop of sour cream on top, or thin sour cream
with milk or water and swirl it into soup. Do not stir.
Makes 4 cups.
- Timesaver Tip: Soup can be prepared through step 4 up to 3 days ahead
and stored, covered, in refrigerator. To serve, heat and complete step
- In a 2-quart casserole, microwave butter on 100% power 30 to 45
seconds, to melt. Add pepper strips.
- Cover and microwave on 100% power until tender, about 5 minutes.
Continue with step 3.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy
Two great truths: 1. there is a God, 2. you're not Him
Comments On This Page:|
None yet posted - you can be the first!
Post Your Comment:|
(All fields except email are required)
[ Comment Policy ]