Recipe: Shepherd's Pie Nov 87
Categories: Main course, Meats
Yield: 1 Servings
2 lb Roast beef 2 lg Onions; finely chopped 1 Clove garlic; minced 1 Tomato; peeled seeded and, -- chopped 2 c Beef stock 1/2 c Dry red wine 1 tb Cognac 2 tb Worcestershire sauce 1/4 lb Mushrooms 1 tb Butter 1 tb Canola oil 1/2 ts Thyme Salt and pepper; to taste 8 md Potatoes 2 tb Butter 1/4 c Milk 1 pn Nutmeg Salt and pepper; to taste 1 Egg yolk
2.Brown meat in butter and oil.
3. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is starts changing color. Stir in mushrooms and cook until liquid has evaporated
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add cognac and cook over high heat until it evaporates
6. Add wine and cook until wine has evaporated.
7. Stir in tomato, broth and thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hour, adding more broth if needed.
8. Add Worcestershire and cook 10 minutes. Set aside.
9. Prepare potatoes:
10 Cook potatoes in their skin. Let cool a little.
11. Peel potatoes, mash them adding butter, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
12. Place prepared meat in a baking dish,
13. Spread potatoes on top
14. Brush top with egg yolk.
15. Bake in 350 F oven for 1/2 an hour or until top is golden.
Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #766 by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <firstname.lastname@example.org> on Aug 30, 1997
None yet posted - you can be the first!
(All fields except email are required) [ Comment Policy ]