All articles within this site are copyrighted, though most may be used non-commerically under the “fair use” doctrine of copyright law. However, some content presented here may not be used elsewhere without prior written permission of their respective owners. The best approach is to contact the WebMaster at this site for permission before copying content for use at another location.
In short: Comments/articles are property of their posters; all the rest © 1991-Present Glen Stewart
The contents of this Internet site comprise a free service.
Portions of the information referenced and presented on this site are developed by persons over whom Site Operators exercise no control. The process of including various forms of dynamic electronic content presented here is largely automatic. Site Operators cannot and do not screen the information after automatic reception and before it is presented. Accordingly, Site Operators assume no responsibility for the content of any automatically received information.
*To clarify further…*
- The reception and indexing of many portions of this site is done automatically with no opportunity for advance review of content by human beings. Given the enormous volume of information added and changed on a daily basis, the maintenance of this service cannot be sustained in any other way. Accordingly, Site Operators cannot and do not screen automatically received information prior to its being made available to the public.
- In general, our Site Operators believe that persons who make information available to public areas of World Wide Web servers such as this, or by way of uncontrolled-access public e-mail lists do so with the expectation that such information may be publicly and widely available. Our Site Operators further believe that making such freely available information available at this site is legally permissible and consistent with the common, customary expectations of those who make use of the Web and uncontrolled-access public mailing list communications. This is a widely acknowledged “fair use” interpretation of copyright law, and is justified by how the information is used at this site:
- our use is noncommercial
- our use is for purposes of criticism, comment, parody, systematic news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research
- the original work has been widely published (as opposed to sent out only to one or a few people)
- since the original work was widely published with no intent for financial compensation, our conduct leaves unaffected any profits that the copyright owner can make (as opposed to displacing some potential sales OR potential licenses of reprint rights)