LUKE xiii. 24. “Strive to enter
in at the strait gate; for many, I say unto you, will seek to
enter in, but shall not be able.”
I. THE gate which it is most desirable to enter.
1. Because it is the gate of the City of Refuge.
2. Because it is the gate of a home.
3. Because it leads to a blessed feast.
4. Because the loss of those outside the gate is so
II. There is a crowd of people who will seek to enter
in and will not be able. There is a difference between
seeking and striving.
1. Some are unable to enter in because the pride of
life will not let them.
2. Some are unable to enter because they seek to take
sin with them.
3. Some are unable to enter because they want to post-
pone the matter until to-morrow.
4. Some think they are in and have mistaken the
outside for the inside.
Many will seek in vain dying, and so it would appear
even after death.
Charles H. Spurgeon